Valley Academy for Career & Technology Education Career Technical Education District serves high school students who reside within the boundaries of the Verde Valley and Sedona school districts: Camp Verde, Mingus and Sedona as well as all Charter Schools, homeschools and other non-public school students. Programs are occupationally specific and taught by qualified professionals, using state-of-the-art equipment.
- Students in these programs earn high school credit and graduate from their home high school. In addition, students may earn industry certifications and/or community college credit from Yavapai College.
- Classes meet Monday through Thursday, and require a few Friday and/or Saturday workdays.
- Classes meet for either morning sessions beginning at 7:00 a.m. or afternoon sessions beginning at 1:30 p.m.
- Students must provide their own transportation.
- VACTE pays the majority of expenses including college tuition, books, and industry certification fees pending successful completion of the program. Students must provide work boots, safety equipment, or other personal items, as required.
- For more information, contact the VACTE district office at (928) 634-7131.
Central Campus Programs
Apply now for programs beginning August 5, 2019.
Earn high school credit, 16 college credits, ServSafe Manager Industry Certification, and Yavapai College Culinary Arts Fundamentals Certificate. One-year program open to high school juniors and seniors.
Earn high school credit, 16 Yavapai College credits, and Industry Certification in OSHA 10, IVES Core 4 Lift Certifications, and NCCER Core and NCCER Level 1 Certifications. Study flooring, framing, roofing, plumbing, electrical, and much more. One to two-year program open to high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
Earn high school credit, 15 college credits, CPR/AED/First Aid, Arizona Firefighter 1 and 2 and Hazardous Materials Certifications. One-year program available to high school seniors.
Certified Nursing Assistant
Earn high school credit, 5 college credits, OSHA-10 Healthcare, CPR/AED/First Aid, Yavapai College Certificate, and Arizona State Board of Nursing Certified Nursing Assistant Certification. One-semester program available to high school seniors.
Earn high school credit, CPR/AED/First Aid certification, OSHA 10 Healthcare certification, and 22 college credits toward Phlebotomy and Medical Office Assistant Certification. Two-year program open to Juniors and Seniors.
Earn high school credit and 7 college credits toward Yavapai College Phlebotomy Certificate. One-semester program available to high school seniors.
Earn high school credit, Arizona Paraprofessional Certification, CPR/AED/First Aid Certification, and receive a Level 1 Finger Print Clearance. One-year program open to juniors and seniors.